International applicants to East-West College should start the application process at least 4-6 months prior to the course start date. As international applications take time to process applications will be accepted no later than 90 days in advance of the course start date in which you wish to start commence your studies. East-West College has an admissions process that is designed to facilitate the enrolment process. All policies and procedures are formulated based on Provincial and Federal standards to ensure that our students receive the correct assessment relative to their academic training.
1.1 For Standard Admission
- Successful completion of High School diploma or Equivalent(G.E.D.)
- Satisfactory interview with a counsellor of the college
- For standard admission, Grade 12 level English is required, no Wonderlic test is required as the candidate would have High School Diploma satisfying the English language requirement.
1.2 For Mature studentsThe following criteria must be met:
- 18 years or older
- Successfully pass the Wonderlic standardized test. Scholastic Level Examination will be used.
- Satisfactory interview with the counsellor
Program specific admission requirements may apply, for more information please contact our admissions office at +1 403 454 7009 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.3 Language Proficiency Requirements
Candidates from countries where the language of instruction is not English will need to provide proof of English Language Proficiency. This requirement is waived for candidates that are from a country where English is the official language of instruction.
The following English Proficiency requirements apply to all the programs at East West College.
- IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with a minimum band score of 5.5
- TOEFL-minimum score of 83 is required.
- All the testing scores are valid for 2 years from the day of testing.
1.4 Foreign Credentials Assessment
International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) is an Alberta government service. It does assessments and issues certificates that compare educational credentials from other countries to educational standards in Canada. In Canada, some occupations are regulated. Regulated occupations have legal requirements or restrictions in place to protect the public. To work in these occupations, you must register with the appropriate professional regulatory organization. You can get this type of assessment if you have a formal academic or technical degree, diploma or certificate earned outside Canada. For more information on your foreign qualifications assessment please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-employment-education-licensure.aspx
World Education Service (WES)
A credential evaluation is a comparison of your academic accomplishments to standards in Canada. This report helps institutions like schools, employers, licensing boards, or immigration authorities better understand your educational background. A report from WES:
- Identifies and describes your credentials
- Verifies that your credentials are authentic
- May include a grade point average (GPA) equivalency
- Includes an evaluation of the authenticity of your documents