Student Services (International Students)

About Calgary

Calgary, a cosmopolitan Alberta city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the center of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, its massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here.

Newcomers guide: Refugees/newcomers-map.pdf

Housing and Residences

Students who are looking for houses or apartments to stay while studying at East West College of Business and Technology may look into options including renting, homestay etc. East-West College has no on-campus housing facilities. Our International Student Advisor can guide students to find affordable housing for rent in Calgary.

For renting the following websites can be explored:

For other social services you can visit at: SocialServices.aspx

Alberta Health Service:

Career Services

East West College of Business and Technology believes that the students' success is translated into the success of the college. East West College is committed to helping students from the very beginning of registration until the student lands a job. The following services are available to our current students and East West College Alumni:

  • Job search techniques
  • Resume writing
  • Interview preparation
  • Job posting on the job boards

Health Care Insurance

East-West College will encourage international students to have adequate health coverage during study period while living in Alberta. If you are a student from outside Canada, you may be eligible for Alberta Health Care Insurance Policy (AHCIP) coverage. You will need to apply for AHCIP coverage. Students under 18 years of age must be added to the AHCIP account of a custodian.

  • Students who have a 12-month Study Permit (valid for an Alberta educational institute) and who will reside in Alberta for 12 months or more are eligible for AHCIP coverage.
  • Students with Study Permits valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, may be eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.
  • If the application is received within 3 months of entry into Alberta, coverage is effective on the date of either entry into Alberta or the date signed on the Study Permit, whichever is later.

Students are strongly advised those who are not eligible for AHCIP to buy Personal Health Insurance prior to arrival in Canada. For more information you can visit the website:

Information on available student services in Calgary

List of English language learning centers

  • i. Global Village English Centers - GV Calgary

    515 1 St SE Calgary, AB T2G 2G6 Canada
    Phone: (403) 543-7300
  • ii. Chnok Learning Services

    Viscount Bennett Centre
    2519 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, Alberta T3E 4M2
    Phone: (403) 777 7272 ext. 2459
    Fax: (403) 777 7229
  • iii. Calgary International Learning Centre

    1311 - 4 Street SW Calgary, AB T2R 0X9, Canada
    Phone: (403) 693 5548

List of community organization:

  • i. Community Wise Resource Centre

    101 223 12th Avenue SW Calgary Alberta T2R 0G9
    Ph: (403) 261 9660, fax: (403) 234 9532
  • ii. Centre for New Comers

    1010, 999 - 36 Street NE Calgary, AB T2A 7X6 (Pacific Place Mall - northeast entrance)
    Phone: 403.569.3325,
  • iii. Calgary Chinese Community Service Association

    1406 Centre Street N.E. Calgary, Alberta, T2E 2R9, Canada
    Tel: (403) 265-8446, Fax: (403) 233-0070,
  • iv. Women’s Centre of Calgary

    39 – 4th Street NE Calgary, Alberta, T2E 3R6
    Phone: (403) 264-1155, Fax: (403) 264-1203
  • v. Aspen Family and Community Network Society

    Suite 200, 2609 - 15 Street NE Cagary, Alberta T2E 8Y4
    Phone: 403-219-3477
  • vi. Immigrant Services Calgary

    1200 910 7th AveSW Calgary AB T2P 3N8,
    Phone: 403-265-1120
Scroll to Top