- Committed to excellence
- Fairness and equality
- Ethically acceptable
- Mutual respect, integrity and honesty
East-West College of Business and Technology:
- provides high quality education and training that are industry driven
- serves a diversity of students and lifelong learners
- provides a rewarding and welcoming education/training and work environment for students, teachers and staffs
East-West College of Business and Technology strives to be a leader in educating and training career-oriented learners to meet local and regional demand.
East West College will, at all times, endeavor to promote equal opportunities for enrollment and employment irrespective of religion, sex, nationality, age, disability and or sexual orientation. The College will prevent unlawful, direct and indirect discrimination including sexual harassment. East West College is committed to reaching underrepresented groups with information about programs especially in fields where women and minorities are not currently well represented.
East West College strives to create a diverse learning environment. To ensure this policy, the College adopts a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory selection and recruitment process.
All tuition fees and other charges are due and payable as per Alberta Advanced Education rules and regulations. The College would help the students applying for student aid from the Government of Alberta and Government of Canada in the application process. Students who are self-funded will pay either by credit card, debit card or cheque payable to East West College of Business and Technology. No cash transactions are permitted in the College premise. If you have any questions regarding finances our Student Financial Aid Officer and Career Counsellor will be happy to answer them. Please note: transcripts, certificates, and diplomas will not be forwarded until all fees are paid in full.
Cooling off period
Notwithstanding anything in this Regulation, if a student terminates a student contract on or before the 4th business day after signing the contract, East West College would refund any tuition or other fee paid by or on behalf of the student.
Refund of registration fee - before class begins
- 1. If a student terminates a student contract before the class begins, the College is entitled to any registration fee paid by or on behalf of the student.
- 2. The College would refund any registration fee that has been paid by or on behalf of the student if
- (a) the college terminates a student contract before the class begins, or
- (b) the class does not begin on the commencement date set out in the student enrolment contract.
Refund of tuition Fee - after class begins
- 1. If a student contract is terminated after the class begins, the College is entitled to the following amounts of tuition:
- (a) when 10% or less of the class has been provided, 25% of the tuition;
- (b) when more than 10% but 50% or less of the class has been provided, 60% of the tuition;
- (c) when more than 50% of the class has been provided, 100% of the tuition.
- 2. If a College has received a tuition fee in excess of the amount that the College is entitled to under subsection (1), the College would refund the excess amount.
- 3. For the purpose of this section, class provided by correspondence is provided as lessons are supplied, marked and returned to the student.
Payment of Refunds
- 1. Should there be a refund, the refund of a student’s tuition must be paid
- (a) to the student, or
- (b) in the case of a student who has an outstanding student loan in respect of the class for which the refund is being provided, to the lender that made the student loan.
- 2. If the College receives payment of a student’s tuition from a government, agency or person other than the student, any refund of the student’s tuition must be paid to the government, agency or other person.
- 3. If the College is required to refund a registration fee or tuition, the refund must be paid not later than the earlier of the following:
- (a) 30 days from the day the student contract is terminated;
- (b) the time period specified in an order of the Director.
Academic Grade Appeal
It is extremely important that the integrity and accuracy of East-West College’s learner outcomes be maintained at the highest level possible. To ensure this, the college employs faculty whose professional training prepares them to make fair judgments regarding student’s performance. The College also provides a grade appeal process that offers students a reasonable opportunity to appeal results of particular academic assessments.